nursing-careplans.com -This article discusses the Care Plan According to Virginia Henderson or Virginia Henderson Introduction , what is meant by the Care Plan According to Virginia Henderson and Virginia Henderson Introduction.
- “The Nightingale of Modern Nursing”
- “Modern-Day Mother of Nursing.”
- “The 20th century Florence Nightingale.”
- Born in Kansas City, Missouri, in 1897.
- Received a Diploma in Nursing from the Army School of Nursing at Walter Reed Hospital, Washington, D.C. in 1921.
- Worked at the Henry Street Visiting Nurse Service for 2 years after graduation.
- In 1923, started teaching nursing at the Norfolk Protestant Hospital in Virginia
- In 1929, entered Teachers College at Columbia University for Bachelor’s Degree in 1932, Master’s Degree in 1934.
- Joined Columbia as a member of the faculty, remained until 1948.
- Since 1953, a research associate at Yale University School of Nursing.
- recipient of numerous recognitions.
- Her work influenced the nursing profession throughout the world.
- a well known nursing educator and a prolific author.
- honorary doctoral degrees from the Catholic University of America, Pace University, University of Rochester, University of Western Ontario, Yale University
- In 1985, honored at the Annual Meeting of the Nursing and Allied Health Section of the Medical Library Association.
- Died: March 19, 1996.
- In 1939, she revised: Harmer’s classic textbook of nursing for its 4th edition, and later wrote the 5th; edition, incorporating her personal definition of nursing (Henderson,1991)
Care Plan According to Virginia Henderson