\Nursing Care Plan Readiness For Enhanced Family Processes Definition;A pattern of family functioning that is sufﬁcient to support the well-being of family members and can be strengthened,Nursing Care Plan
- Activities support the growth of family members
- Activities support the safety of family members
- Balance exists between autonomy and cohesiveness
- Boundaries of family members are maintained
- Energy level of family supports ADLs
- Family adapts to change
- Relationships are generally positive
- Respect for family members is positive
Family Members Will
- Identify family goals and structured directions.
- Express enjoyment and satisfaction with their roles in the family.
- Express a willingness to enhance roles in family dynamics.
- Participate regularly in traditional family activities.
- Maintain open and positive communication.
- Maintain a safe home environment.
- Seek regular health screenings and immunizations.
- Identify and acknowledge family risk factors.
- Make plans to deal with life changes and events.
Suggested Noc Outcomes
Family Coping; Family Functioning; Family Health Status; Family Integrity; Family Normalization; Family Social Climate
Interventions And Rationales
Determine: Assess family composition, roles within the family,communication patterns, family developmental stages, developmen-tal tasks, health patterns, coping mechanisms, socioeconomics,educational levels, ethnicity, and cultural and religious beliefs.Assessment information helps identify appropriate interventions.Perform: Establish an environment in which family members can openly share their issues and concerns in comfort to reduce anxiety and develop their ability to resolve problems.Inform: Explain importance of setting goals as a method of estab-lishing boundaries that will be respected by all family members.Family functioning with structural direction will enhance the poten-tial to meet physical, social, and psychological needs.133 Show family how to develop a Genogram to identify genetic risk factors. Information from the Genogram will highlight things that can modify a family’s health patterns, lead to early identiﬁcation of genetically related diseases, and may delay onset of disease.Teach value of daily exercise, well-balanced diet, and use of proven holistic strategies to improve health.Provide family with information on recommended health screen-ings and immunization schedules. It is essential to keep immuniza-tions given according to schedule to prevent loss of immunity.Attend: Encourage family members to identify individual and family goals and a structured direction toward sound health habits for the entire family. Developing a structured plan will assist in having everyone work together toward goals set by the family for themselves.Involve family in planning and decision making. Having the abil-ity to participate encourages greater compliance with the plan.Encourage family to spend time together enjoying traditional activities that everyone likes doing to promote a healthy lifestyle and encourage strong family unity.Manage: Refer, where requested, for follow-up for a family member who needs exercise, weight management, diet assistance, health screenings, and so forth. Providing referrals will help to provide continuity of care for the patient.
Suggested Nic Interventions
Family Support; Family Integrity Promotion; Family Maintenance
Yanaka, L., et al. (2007, January–February). Barriers to screening for domestic violence in the emergency departments. Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing, 38(1), 37–45.